Wednesday 25 September 2013

Reading Slumps


I haven't posted anything in what feels like forever. 

This is because I haven't read anything for almost 2 weeks now. For some people, thats not a big deal. I get it, it's all relative. For me however, this sucks. I find myself in what we like to call a 'Reading Slump' all too often but I usually find my way back out pretty quickly. But not this time. Nope.

In my defence, i've been kind of busy. I started university again and started working. It's also been 'freshers' for the last two weeks at my university, so I've been going out a fair amount as well. But I'm not going to lie to you guys, I have had time to read ... I just haven't been reading. 

I've tried reading books I've already read and loved to get me out, but I just can't seem to get into anything. It's so frustrating when all you want to do is read, but whatever you pick up just doesn't seem to cut it.

So I thought I'd look to this blog for help, I mean, it is a book blog after all.

How do you guys get out of reading slumps? Any tips? HELP ME!




2 comments:

  1. We all have them, I know how you feel I just got out of mine it seemed like I didn't read at all last month but I did just not a lot. the only advise I can give you don't force yourself to read that'll just make it worse, I know I've tried, go a full day not think about reading then pick up something that not to big like 400 pages and less it might help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, it's normal. You have so many new things going on. Plus university does come with a lot of reading. Eventually, curiosity will drive you towards a new book. New follower.

    ReplyDelete